Tuesday, July 01, 2008

oh the places we'll go...

has it been so long since my last post? I suppose it has, but I will try to make up for it now with a few photo heavy posts. In the last month there has been a bit of exploring, some gallivanting here and there, and today I am a bit sunburnt and tired in the wake of it. But being Canada Day, it is my fourth and last day of a long long weekend and I think I've earnt a bit of relaxation, so will enjoy it well before the inevitable return to work tomorrow. We just got a new skimboard and may go try it out a bit later; more pics? We'll see.

But first: at the beginning of June, A and I went met up with friends at Pachena Bay in Bamfield. For those who don't know, Bamfield is on the west coast of Vancouver Island, just a bit south of one of my other favourite hangout, Tofino, and the start of the famous West Coast Trail. We had never been to Bamfield before, a tiny little town at the end of a 90km gravel logging road. Didn't explore the town too much, but here a few images from the couple of days we spent listening to the waves crash and exploring the seashore.



The dark clouds threatened a few times but there was no rain during our stay - a miracle on the wet coast.



Recent storms had left many creatures tossed up upon the sand.



I spent one morning eagerly peering into the lush tidepools.



We also did a bit of kayak surfing, although the waves were pretty mellow.




Nothing like a beautiful evening to cap it off!

No comments: