Saturday, October 06, 2012

grateful...

all together now

breathe

sea grizzlies

A few 'sea grizzlies' spotted a few weeks back, playing in the tidal currents between islands. Love these big beasts and their raucous ways, grateful to have the opportunity to see them often. Grateful too, to have all you lovely people stop by to visit me here and enjoy these photos.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Just popping in for a quick hello and to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving weekend if you're in Canada. This weekend promises to be full of good food, including the meal I myself am cooking here at the new house tomorrow night. The beautiful weather just keeps on coming which keeps smiles on everyone's faces. (Although as a hardened 'wet coaster' I'm starting to feel like I'm drying up, seriously; and the salmon would be happy with a bit more water in the rivers too; and the mushrooms might finally come out to say hello...Anyway...) Whether it's a long weekend or not, and whether the sun is shining or not, I hope you all have a good one. I'll be back either tomorrow or the next day with more to share.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Until then, enjoy cool things other people are doing:
>> Smitten Kitchen's pumpkin cinnamon rolls might also need to make an appearance on the weekend menu.
>> I do know I am definitely making these kale and goat cheese mashed sweet potatoes.
>> As an ardent Bean Boot lover, I can't wait until these beauties are available again. Perfect for tromping through the trails.
>> I love the lace front of this sweater - I really want to recreate the whole thing in adult size.
>> Did you see that Jenny is now offering Wiksten prints on Spoonflower? Sweet.

3 comments:

Barbara Prime said...

That little sweater is very pretty! It's fairly simple too: bottom up, with raglan sleeves, and a lace panel in the front. It's a traditional lace design, called 'frost flowers' in a Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker. If you're feeling like a challenge, I bet you could make one in your size!
Also, thank you for all the beautiful photos of the west coast. I lived there briefly many years ago, and still miss it.

prairiegirl said...

I'd be grateful too if I got see those big seal eyes. Instead, I'll just enjoy them here and be glad you snapped them for us! Pumpkin cinnamon rolls on my list today...sounds different but good. Happy autumn!

jenny said...

Hey sweet K. I love these images and hope your thanksgiving was nice. I just saw the cinnamon roll post---I've been making them for awhile but this recipe looks new and exciting and I must try it ASAP.